Disruptive Technology Advisory
We are uniquely positioned to explore the implications of disruptive technologies vis-à-vis conventional industries, their ecosystems and value chains, and strategic impact on incumbents.
Conventional strategic planning efforts are now actively challenged by disruption, especially those owing to highly accelerated technology advancements – these enhancements are enabling novel business models, innovative delivery channels, or enhanced product and service value propositions. Red Chalk Group’s unique capabilities blend deep strategy with rich domain expertise related to disruptive, emerging, and pre-commercial technology development. On the disruptive themes characterizing the strategic landscape today, Red Chalk Group has advised and successfully presented unconventional perspectives and insights to top management teams at market-leading organizations.
- What is the strategy to succeed in light of pervasive technology and market shifts (e.g. Internet of Things)?
- How can incumbents react to heightened competitive rivalry as introduced by disruptive and sophisticated new entrants with competing business models?
- What business models must be developed to address evolving underlying technologies, product innovations, or consumer needs?
- Based on evolving ecosystems, where should mature participants seek to participate within the value chain and with what business models?
- Owing to disruptive entrants and technologies, how will a historically predictable market consisting of an established value chain, competitive dynamics, and incumbent participants evolve over a long-term horizon?
- Business model innovation
- Disruptive technology ecosystem development
- Disruptive strategy development
- Emerging technology commercialization strategy
- New growth platform strategy development
- Technology due diligence
- Connected / Smart Home
- Financial Technology (P2P, Mobile Payments, NFC)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Industrial Internet of Things
- Vehicle Telematics
- Advanced Robotics and Manufacturing
- Commercial Drones (UAV / UAS)
- Mobile Internet
- Mobile Advertising
- Advanced Batteries
- Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing)
- Hydraulic Fracturing
- Waste to Energy
The ubiquity and rapid penetration of enabling technologies has generated incremental channels of market access and is shifting industry profit pools away from traditional participants, forcing corporate decision makers to evaluate nascent – and often untested – business models in an attempt to recoup profits, challenge market share dilution, or to simply remain relevant as part of an ecosystem. Red Chalk Group has served leading market players and their leadership by defining the emerging business model landscape, identifying natural value extensions, and building out the business model strategy to more effectively compete in challenging environments characterized by disruptive entrants. Ultimately, our recommendations have helped incumbents navigate rapidly evolving ecosystems and defined their roles in light of disruptive new entrants and shifts in industry profits.
Disruptive technologies have created intersections with traditional value chains effectively altering the roles, positions, and value-propositions of incumbents. Such disruption has resulted in complex “ecosystems” that manifest as non-linear in terms of business system processes and end-user value propositions. Red Chalk Group has successfully assisted clients in defining new ecosystems and deeply assessing future roles in the context of rapidly changing dynamics, with a focus on leveraging existing firm competencies in a targeted, value-accretive manner within an ecosystem context.
Participation within a disruptive theme may be daunting for participants with capital and resources allocated towards historically predictable and balanced risk-reward markets – however, extensions can serve as option value in growth or value augmenting to traditional market participation. Red Chalk Group has worked with Fortune 500 leadership to develop new growth platform strategies in disruptive technology markets, ultimately defining the roadmap to participate by way of organic and inorganic investment (bolt-on and new platform), identification of the highest value and most attractive segments for participation, and the development of a long-term perspective on the structural properties of the market as it shifts from emerging stage.
Connect with Our Team
[themify_button target=”_blank” style=”red medium themify_lightbox” link=”https://www.timetrade.com/book/MX3N1?sh=1″ ]Schedule Call[/themify_button]